As a rapidly growing Company who are leaders within the automotive aftermarket, we have an exciting career opportunity for a General Ledger Supervisor (OPEX) to be based at our Swansea Service Centre.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, General Ledger Supervisor who will be responsible for the complete and accurate recording of all operating expenses and payroll for the Group whilst mentoring and coaching staff working and developing an effective working relationship with key functions, including Accounts Payable and HR.
Main Duties include
- Coach and mentor the OPEX Assistant Accountant
- Responsible for the complete and accurate recording of the monthly operating expenses and payroll for the Group (184 branches)
- Complete postings and undertake Opex review with FP&A team on Working Day (WD) 3-4 and post identified adjustments before period close on WD4
- To ensure the associated balance sheet accounts and analyses are correctly stated at month end, including but not limited to: Prepayments, Control accounts (rent, insurance, service charge, payroll etc) Accruals
- Ensure monthly balance sheet reconciliations are completed on time and reconciling items investigated and resolved monthly
- Appropriate evidence maintained to support period end balances
- Compliance with internal control requirements as governed by Canadian SOX (52-109)
- Develop effective working relationships with other teams, including: Accounts payable, HR, IT, Fleet and Property
- Review current processes and activity timing and be pro-active in proposing and implementing improvements to maximise efficiency and time at month end for analysis
The ideal candidate will be ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified / senior part qualified with several years’ experience in industry, preferably within a PLC/Group environment.
What you’ll need to succeed
- Energetic with a “can do” attitude and a pro-active solution driven approach
- Ability to communicate effectively with all key stakeholders
- Self-aware and able to make commercially sound decisions
- Full understanding of & articulate with double entry to explain accounting concepts
- Knowledge of FRS 102 & IFRS
- Experience of managing team members through month-end close, to tight deadlines
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Excel to manage, manipulate and analyse large volumes of data
- Able to review and understand complex spreadsheets to ensure completeness and accuracy of the result and data set
- Able to operate effectively under pressure with an organised approach to meet multiple competing deadlines
Negotiable dependent upon experience
42.5 hours per week Monday to Friday as instructed by the Manager
What We Offer!
- 28 days annual leave, including bank holiday and opportunity to increase annual leave for time served
- Online employee discount scheme including big discounts to local cinemas, theme park attractions, major retailers and much more
- Healthcare cash plan
- Company pension
- Internal Development Programmes
- Career progression
How to Apply
If you feel that you have the skills required for this role and would like to enhance your career in a successful, growing company, click on the apply button now!
Please note, if you do not hear from us within 4 weeks of submitting your application; please assume that unfortunately you have not been shortlisted.