As a rapidly growing Company who are leaders within the automotive aftermarket, we have an exciting opportunity for a Payroll Manager to be based within the fast-paced HR team at our Chester Service Centre.
We are looking for an experienced, self-motivated Payroll Manager who will plan, direct, manage and oversee the Group’s monthly payroll function ensuring that all processes are adhered to whilst being project driven to continuously improve payroll systems, policies and procedures.
Main Duties include
As the Payroll Manager a main part of the role will initially be project-based work where you will be responsible for executing all projects on the following:
- Merge current payroll groups on to the Group’s single payroll
- Research various other external payroll providers and execute the implementation process if agreed to change
- Explore and understand the option for if it would be beneficial to bring payroll in-house and manage this
Day to day responsibilities of the role will include
- Work closely with HR colleagues and our external partner ADP, or future partner, to ensure a prompt and efficient payroll service ensuring compliance with legislation and reporting requirements.
- Pre Payroll – Action, support and confirm all variable data. Including Casual Hours, Overtime, Bonus, Mileage, Absence, etc.
- Payroll Confirmation – Action, support and confirm all areas of the payroll and commit the payrolls
- Post Payroll – Issue Departments with post payroll reports, submit pension contributions, etc
- Benefit in Kind, check and update as required. Areas would include benefits such as: Private Medical, Death in Service, Pensions, Healthcare, Childcare Vouchers etc
- Manage annual and market reviews for Benefit in Kind. Areas would include benefits such as: Private Medical, Death in Service, Pensions, Healthcare, Childcare Vouchers etc
- Maintain payroll guidelines by writing and updating policies and procedures
- Ensure monthly control reconciliations are completed and all discrepancies are investigated and satisfactorily resolved.
- Prepare reports by compiling summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, leave, disability and non-taxable wages
- Work with the team to ensure clear processes and controls are in place and adhered to across the group
- Understanding the needs of our internal and external customers and responding promptly to their requirements and payroll queries.
- Supporting the business in all relevant project initiatives by providing subject matter expertise in payroll
- Implement new PAYE schemes and coordinate the integration of new businesses and acquisitions as instructed
- Review new acquisition existing payrolls and roll out of group system
- Coach and develop members of the payroll team on payroll improvements as and when required
- Maintain employee confidence and protects payroll operations by keeping information confidential
- Keep professional and technical knowledge up to date by attending workshops & reviewing professional publications
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
The ideal candidate will have several years’ experience of dealing with large volumes of monthly payroll, ideally within a multi-site organisation. A main area of the role will be project based tasks so you must have experience of working with various external providers and ideally in-house payroll.
What you'll need to succeed
- Experience and knowledge of payroll systems
- The ability to lead and motivate a team
- Highly organised and up to date with payroll legislation and benefits. (I.e. Maternity/Paternity/SSP/Redundancies/TUPE)
- Confident in a face to face environment and capable of dealing with stakeholders of all levels and disciplines across the business
- Logical thinker with good problem solving skills
- Able to meet deadlines and understand priorities
- Ability to be effective under pressure
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent organisation skills both written and verbal
- Proficient in using MS Office in Excel (i.e. use of VLOOKUP’s and understanding of formulas)
- Excellent time management skills
Negotiable dependent upon experience
42.5 hours per week Monday to Friday
What We Offer!
- 28 days annual leave, including bank holiday and opportunity to increase annual leave for time served
- Online employee discount scheme including big discounts to local cinemas, theme park attractions, major retailers and much more
- Healthcare cash plan
- Company pension
- Internal Development Programmes
- Career progression
How to Apply
If you feel that you have the skills required for this role and would like to enhance your career in a successful, growing company, click on the apply button now!
Please note, if you do not hear from us within 4 weeks of submitting your application; please assume that unfortunately you have not been shortlisted.