As a rapidly growing Company who are leaders within the automotive aftermarket, we have an exciting career opportunity for a Nightshift Warehouse Manager based within our GSF, Birmingham branch.
We are looking for a highly motivated and experienced Nightshift Warehouse Manager who will be responsible for managing all night shift staff and processes to ensure that all relevant orders are picked accurately, packed and loaded to Operational Standards, within shift time-scales on a daily basis.
Main Duties include:
- Manage and motivate team to deliver workload within shift constraints and deliver cost effective, efficient service to branches.
- Develop a close working relationship with the night shift Supervisor to promote the ongoing success of the team and ensure that all staff are trained to do the job to the required standards.
- Ensure all pick notes relevant to the night shift are out for picking to enable the orders to go out on time.
- Ensure that all orders (including night cages) are picked, checked, packed and loaded correctly, efficiently and safely to Branch Network in accordance to the vehicle despatch timetable
- Carry out a sweep of goods out at the end of the working day to ensure all orders have been despatched. Check outstanding Branch orders on EDP.
- Manage the deployment of staff into other areas if the night shift department workload reduces.
- Manage overtime in line with Company policy.
- Manage the nil picks (Credits) checks and check and validate that all night shift pick notes have come off the printers
- Manage the health and safety requirements of the section in line with Company and HSA requirements / directives. Reporting any R.I.D.D.O.R reportable accidents immediately to the Operations Director and to induct all new members of staff into the company and train against Procedures.
- To conduct disciplinaries as necessary in line with Company disciplinary policy.
- To manage sickness absence and time keeping of the shift in line with Company policy to help maximise the efficiency of the shift.
- To be able to infill as necessary e.g. pick, check and pack orders as required.
- To carry out random checks of pick notes to ensure the Pickers are performing their duties accurately and efficiently.
- Manage the general housekeeping of the Warehouse on a daily basis.
The ideal candidate will have 5 years management experience with a great track record of working in a fast paced warehouse environment. You must be able to work well under pressure, be adaptable to change and lead by example. You will have strong people management skills and a good understanding of current employment law. Knowledge of car parts and the automotive industry would be beneficial.
FLT Licence desirable however not essential.
Circa 35k negotiable dependant on skill set
Sun and Monday 18.30 – 04.30 / Tue 18.30 – 03.30 / Wed 18.30 – 02.30 / Thurs 18.30 – 02.30
What We Offer!
- Death in Service Scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Company Pension
- Internal development programmes
- Career Progression
How to Apply
If you feel that you have the skills required for this role and would like to enhance your career in a successful, growing company, click on the apply button now!
Please note, due to the high volumes of applicants that we receive, if you do not hear from us within 4 weeks of submitting your application; please assume that unfortunately you have not been shortlisted.