The Parts Alliance Group, a rapidly growing Company who are leaders within the automotive aftermarket has an exciting career opportunity for an Infrastructure System Analyst to be based within the fast paced IT department at our (GSF) Birmingham Service Centre.
We are looking for a self-motivated, experienced Infrastructure System Analyst who will be responsible for the day to day operation of administering and maintaining corporate IT infrastructure, including Active Directory, LAN, Internet access, firewalls, Office365 and mail filters across the Group.
As 3rd Line Support, you will also be responsible for resolving all escalated queries from 1st and 2nd line IT support.
Main Duties include:
- Support the existing infrastructure including server, storage, network, data and applications as well as project based work.
- Handle escalated calls from first/second line IT Support Desk
- Administer and maintain corporate infrastructure, including Active Directory, LAN, Internet access, firewalls and Office365 and mail filters.
- Administer the software application and desktop operating system deployment environment using Avanti Landesk.
- Monitor and troubleshoot server and network performance PRTG Monitoring System to ensure any necessary action is taken
- Administer backup and disaster recovery systems and processes
- Management of relationships with third parties and suppliers
- Keep operational documentation up-to-date
- Maintaining and preparing licenses for any software audits
- Ability to perform Research and Development into new systems in preparation for implementation/third line support
- Occasional travel to other sites for project roll outs and support.
- Deal with any system issues as and when they occur.
Technical Knowledge required:
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008+
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2010+
- Avanti Landesk for software/ operating system deployment
- Troubleshooting networking protocols and technologies such as TCP/IP,DNS, DHCP, routing and vLANs
- Backup systems
- SQL Server 2008+
- Patch management deployment/Windows Software Update Services
- Microsoft Windows 7+
- MCSE/MCITP: Enterprise Administrator or Server
- Administrator/VCP or equivalent IT Qualifications an advantage
- Experience of IP based phone systems
- Experience of VMware
- Experience of and supporting an Office365 environment
The ideal candidate will have a strong background of working within a busy IT department and experience in implementing technical solutions, supporting of Servers, desktops, and operating systems. You will be an excellent communicator with exceptional understanding of technical troubleshooting and problem solving. You must be able to work well under pressure whilst having the ability to prioritise workload.
Travel may be required so you must have a UK driving licence.
42.5 hours per week Monday to Friday. You will be required to be available for queries during out of office hours.
What We Offer!
- 28 days annual leave, including bank holiday and opportunity to increase annual leave for time served
- Online employee discount scheme including big discounts to local cinemas, theme park attractions, major retailers and much more
- Healthcare cash plan
- Company pension
- Childcare vouchers
- Internal Development Programmes
- Career progression
How to Apply
If you feel that you have the skills required for this role and would like to enhance your career in a successful, growing company, click on the apply button now!
Please note, due to the high volumes of applicants that we receive, if you do not hear from us within 4 weeks of submitting your application; please assume that unfortunately you have not been shortlisted.