The Parts Alliance Group, a rapidly growing Company who are leaders within the automotive aftermarket has an exciting career opportunity for a Financial Controller based at our Swansea Service Centre.
We are looking for a professional, experienced Financial Controller who will be responsible for undertaking all aspects of financial management for the Group, including corporate accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, as well as development of internal control policies and procedures.
The role will involve:
- Oversee all Group company accounts including reporting to Uni-Select HQ and local statutory accounts.
- Oversee the consolidation of the Group's monthly financial accounts, KPIs and all reporting to the parent company Uni-Select in Canada. Ensure the integration of acquisitions’ results in reporting.
- Supervise the production of weekly, monthly, annual cash flow forecasts and control the output prior to distribution to the senior finance community
- Provide ad hoc analysis and work with the other Finance Teams in the Group to drive financial performance.
- Develop monthly and annual reports to identify results, trends, and financial forecasts and explain differences and make recommendations
- Assist the CFO in presenting reports to the Senior Operating Board, other stakeholders, and the Uni- Select Group.
- Monitor assets, liabilities and inter-subsidiary transactions
- Ensure that the Group operates with appropriate internal controls to deliver compliance with PLC Group requirements as well as government regulation and legislation.
- Work alongside Group internal audit development and improve the controls in the accounting function.
- Supervise, develop and manage financial department staff, including accountants and financial assistants
- Motivate and lead finance team members by supporting roles and providing helpful feedback
- Lead integration and productivity improvement activity
- Oversee Tax submissions including VAT; Corporation tax and payroll taxes
- Collaborate with auditors facilitating the annual audit and with tax advisors to ensure proper compliance with all regulations
- Provide technical accounting advice and support to the other Finance teams in the UK Group and the Senior Operating Board as required and manage the implementation of new accounting standards.
- Assist the CFO with financial due diligence on potential new acquisitions and once acquired, manage the financial integration process.
The ideal candidate will have 10 to 15 years of experience in a management role or similar and will be ACA, ACCA, CIMA qualified with a Bachelor's degree or master's degree in accounting or administration. You will have proven working experience of group consolidations and reporting within a PLC environment with excellent knowledge of IFRS accounting standards and other laws and financial rules in the context of a public company. You will have excellent understanding of MS Office as well as experience of reporting tools such as BI and BPC. You will be a critical thinker along with strong analytical skills and have knowledge multidimensional general ledger systems.
You must be flexible to travel 30% of the time to other Service Centres based around the UK.
£65k-£75k per annum
42.5 hours per week Monday to Friday
What We Offer!
- 28 days annual leave, including bank holiday and opportunity to increase annual leave for time served
- Online employee discount scheme including big discounts to local cinemas, theme park attractions, major retailers and much more
- Healthcare cash plan
- Company pension
- Childcare vouchers
- Career progression
How to Apply
If you feel you are suitable and want a rewarding career in a successful growing company please click on the link to apply, or for more information please contact email@example.com.
Please note, due to the high level of applicants we receive, if you do not hear from us within 4 weeks of submitting your application then you have not been shortlisted.